My name is Psomopoulos Lazaros. I was born on 1 February 1983. From young age I have been involved with sports. I’ve done six years technical swimming, participated in national championships in the 50m area piers and relays. At the same time I got involved with cycling, but I also enjoy hiking, skiing and anything to do with the mountain.
After I finished my army service in 2005 I put on my schedule the race bike where I participated in many brevets. Eventually in 2008 I enrolled in the Proteas Cycling Club and I met my coach Stamatis Romas. Since then he has been a companion and adviser to all my racing decisions. From 2010 I got involved with mountain running again under the guidance of my coach Stamatis Romas. This year was my first national championship in mountain biking (MTB) with a remarkable appearance. My ultimate goal of 2011 was my participation in the world’s largest cycling event, again under the supervision of my coach.
Some of my major successes this season are:
* 5th overall (mtb-run) Mainalo feat.
* 2nd overall (mtb-run) Parnes feat
* First place 40km mtb Tzoumerka feat
* 4th mountain running Ladon mountain race
* Participation in Paris-Brest-Paris (PBP 2011),with ending time 79h: 48m
* Participation in many other races with success.